Thursday, August 25, 2011

Altered Box

Another trash turned to treasure.  I saved the box before it went out in the garbage and viola!  a total transformation.
I played with some scraps from Inkido and lots of Inkido blooms.  I should be saying Papercraft Scandinavia instead.  Inkido united with Lady Bug & friends.com.  Its a great union indeed and I'm sure my Scandinavian friends will cross the border very soon enough!  Check out the site!
Now, housing my threads

Thanks to my dear friend, Audrey for pointing out to me about Lessology.  They are having a DT call right now.  I love to turn trashes into artsy treasures.  I love to think green and at the same time helping Mother Nature with my craft!

Thanks for the visit and before you throw things out,  imagine what you can do with it first! 
Hugs, Jona

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, your altered box turned really gorgeous! ~Gerry~

Bellaidea said...

cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable box, Jona! Love that vintage image and love all those flowers. And I so agree with you about re-purposing old items instead of throwing them out. Have you checked out the new challenge blog called LESSology yet? It's just getting started, but is all about recycling, re-using, and going green. They are holding a DT call right now for one more spot. You sound perfect for it! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

this is just so pretty! :)

Unknown said...

What a sweet box to hold in treasures!

Anne said...

Hi there your work is lovely. I am terrible at throwing things away. Alwys looking at ways to use stuff others throw away. Thankyou for visiting me. Anne x

Angi Barrs said...

Your box is beautiful Jona. I love the pretty elements that you added...especially the crochet lace.

Thank you so much for auditioning for our LESSology DT. :)

yyam said...

W00t for the awesome upcycling! This box turned out fabulous! :)

Thanks for trying out for the LESSology DT call! :)

HeARTworks said...

Charmingly victorian! I love the altered book too! You're on a roll!!

shazsilverwolf said...

This is so gorgeous, thanks for your comments, Sorry I am so
Late visiting this week, Happy (late) WOYWW, Shaz

Emilie said...

This is such a lovely altered box!
I really like the flowers and the picture on it.

Sandy Ang said...

i remembered we talked about your crochet work when you chose those doilies at kck. love it that i can see you at work here. they look fab