Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recycled Art

I gave my 7 gypsies art tray a new look and have to use my art cards to a good use. I just can't let it accummulate dusts in my drawer.
In my lay-out, "I Luv U", I used the EK border punch (borrowed from my dear friend Alma during our last class) to create the border, clustered Pink Paislee spring fling flowers. I also tried to mist my paper with green.
Here, In "Explore", I cut the balloons and luggages from Webster Pages pp, and used misting and masking to add splashes of colors in this adventure page of my son. I also used tim holtz stamp and shabby green door stamps in this lay-out.
It is easier to create a new lay-out, when your art cards speaks for themselves already. I will share my new art tray once it goes live in Inkido blog.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Both of these layouts are beautiful! Love all the embellies. And the spritzing of ink on the paper.

Thanks so much for linking to my Tim Holtz blog candy giveaway I have been really having fun looking at everyone's blogs. And getting inspired.
Good Luck!! Stacy H-W

Alby said...

Wonderful idea Jona! Love it! I've been wanting to do something new with my tray, too, and I just didn't know what to do with the ATCs that are currently displayed there.

I hope you won't mind if I follow your lead. This is really very good inspiration. :)

jonaks said...

go ahead, Alby. it will be fun!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow, these are great layouts. i specially like the i luv u - little cards within the layout

Pia said...

wow so beautiful layouts.
hugs Pia