Friday, March 23, 2012

Fun in the Sand

Its summer in Manila!!!

Sometimes hot,  sometimes rainy,  sometimes cold.  Oh,  I hate this weather changes  because of global warming!

Its a beautiful day today  and I here I am, alone in the corner of our room.  My son is out with his grandma and cousins while hubby is at work.  Yeay,  playtime for me in my scrap area!!!  Before,  I hide in my happy place  let me share with you my page that shouts summer!!!

These photos were taken during our summer vacation last year in Singapore.  We stayed in Sentosa and very near the Siloso Beach.  We had so much fun and we love going to the beach before and after visiting other places in Singapore.

Supplies: Patterned paper - Bo Bunny, Pink Paislee, October Afternoon, Websters Pages; Chipboard - Alpha (thickers), Key (rangers), clock (diecut from sizzix), button (Websters); others - washi tape, bakers twine.
 Close up on details:

 Painted white paint on the chipboard  before applying perfect pearls and bits of opal dusts:

This lay-out is inspired  from the sketch of Get Picky  and photo inspiration from Bellaidea's blog.  I used the green color of the garden and added the clock piece to frame the photos  as "gate".

Thanks for dropping by  and have a great weekend everyone!

11 comments:

Bellaidea said...

I like it so much! Thank you for joining my Candy Challenge! Please add link to my blog and the photo for inspiration too:), best regards!

Kate said...

GORGEOUS Layout.

Hugs,
kate

Monique Liedtke said...

WOW!!!!!What a fabulous page! Love your mix of papers, the tape and the chipboard clock! Awesome!!!

Btw, did you see you won on Doodlebug's blog? Congrats!

Have a fab weekend!
Hugs,
Monique

Carolyn King said...

Gorgeous layout. love the beautiful banner...looks like a great vacation

sandi said...

Oh this is just fab! Love it!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Wow! This is incredibly stunning! Love everything about your fun summery page! :D
Thanks for playing along with us!

Unknown said...

Stunning!!
I love the mixed media feel to this layout! It's just gorgeous :0)
Hugs
xoxo

Keri said...

This is beautiful, love the diecut background you've chosen, and the super-cool art-medium techniques you've used on the circular chipboard and the "sand" title letters...great work with both challenges!

Leanne said...

fabulous detail! Thanks for playing along..x

Unknown said...

Jona,

This is a pretty LO!! I love it!

I'm sure it is hot there now..It seems like we're having an early summer too..

Take care and keep cool!

Marivic

Teresa said...

I love this layout and just had to pop on over and wish you and your family a Happy Easter! Miss you :)